AnsweredAssumed Answered

FRDM-K64K host_msd_fatfs USB not detecting device

Question asked by Neil Porven on Sep 1, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 2, 2017 by Neil Porven

Hi everyone,

I am using the demo app host_msd_fatfs_frdmk64f to write my USB driver.  After much headaches

troubleshooting, etc... I got the project to do a usb_host_init and usb_host_register_driver_info.

I also have it running, but unfortunately when I insert a USB stick the code seems not to detect it.

I keep getting case USB_DEVICE_IDLE and the g_mass_device[i].state_change = 0.  I believe that 

it could be an issue with the interrupt of the USB.  I would like to know where does the demo software

setup the interrupt settings for the USB (USBx_INTEN).

Also, if I run the project through the P&E multilink + Kinetis KDS on the FRDM-K64F evaluation board and

I place a breakpoint inside USB_DEVICE_ATTACHED where the demo project is called from and I stick a USB

stick the software never transitions from  USB_DEVICE_IDLE?  Another interesting thing, if I place a USB device

that detects if power is present on the J22 connector (K64 USB), it shows no power on the device. I have J21

jumped and R72 with a zero OHM shorted, just in case someone is wondering.  I am powering the board through

the J27 connector.

Thank you,

Neil

Outcomes