cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6S: run I2C on Bare Metal M4 without A9 and Linux

fschl
Contributor I

Hi!

I have a IMX6S and i only want to programm the Cortex M4. with the help of the examples from NXP i can use SPI and UART to communicate with other components. Now i want to use the I2C. And here start my problem. it doesnt work. i can read the i2c registers and set the peripehral clocks like in the examples and use the same clock-source like SPI and UART, but i cant write anything in the i2c-Send register (I2DR).

On an Example board with linux on the A9, the same code works well and the i2c-interface works to.

Blocked the A9 any Clock or Bus source by default so that the M4 cant enable it?

Is there any Possibility to use i2c on the M4 without any other software on the A9?

Thanks for your Help!

Felix :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Felix

one can check if i2c clock is enabled in CCM_CCGR registers and check its RDC permissions

described in Chapter 52 Resource Domain Controller (RDC) i.MX6SX Reference Manual
http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6SXRM.pdf

>Is there any Possibility to use i2c on the M4 without any other software on the A9?

no, as A9 starts M4.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------