cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avalaible Attached Probes

juancarlossuare
Contributor III

Hi everybody.

Yesterday I was getting started with MCUXPRESSO, FRDM-k64F and SDK 2.0.

According to the guide Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK

(http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MCUXSDKGSUG.pdf) and the Figure 59. Attached Probes: debug emulator selection as well as MCUXpresso IDE Linkserver (inc. CMSIS-DAP) probes, P&E Micro probes and SEGGER J-Link probes must be appear in the avalaible attached probes dialogue, but those probes don't appear and I can't be able to debug a SDK 2.0 example for the FRDM-K64F, exactly hello_world (demo_apps). My questions are why the probes don't appear? How can I get to enable those probes?  Thanks.

TestProbes.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Juan,

In addition, I have one colleague met quite similar problem as yours.  what we did :

1. we tested the board on another computer in order to make sure the on board connection interface is good. If no computer can connect the board, we will consider to reprogram the firmware of the interface.

2. on the original computer, we create a NEW workspace and NEW project then test connection again. MCUXpresso Link server can detect the prob well.

Best Regards.

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It looks like you have previously debugged your project using a JLink that is currently not being detected. If you now have a different probe type connected, then in order for the IDE to detect it, the simplest way is to just delete the .launch file inside your project and let the IDE to do a full discovery again.

For more details I would suggest taking a look at chapter 3, "Debug Solutions Overview" and chapter 9 "Debugging a Project" of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support 

0 Kudos