Did you mean: 

powerpc-eabivle-gcc-gcc 4.9.2 vs powerpc-eabivle-gcc-4.9.4

Jump to solution
wan35fr
Contributor III

Hello NXP Community ,

I have tried to use your new version powerpc-eabivle-gcc-4.9.4.exe

i have this following issue

ppc-freevle-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=e200z0 -meabi -msdata=none -mregnames -mvle -O2 -gdwarf-2 -fomit-frame-pointer -falign-functions=16 -mno-spe -msoft-float -fno-gcse -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-common -Wall -Wextra -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-alms=build/lst/ -DPPC_USE_VLE=1 -MD -MP -MF .dep/build.d -I. -I./components/spc560dxx_platform_component_rla/lib/include -I./components/spc560dxx_board_initialization_component_rla/lib/include -I./components/spc560dxx_clock_component_rla/lib/include -I./components/spc560dxx_irq_component_rla/lib/include -I./components/spc560dxx_osal_component_rla/lib/include -I./components/spc560dxx_low_level_drivers_component_rla/lib/include -I./components/spc560dxx_platform_component_rla/cfg -I./components/spc560dxx_board_initialization_component_rla/cfg -I./components/spc560dxx_clock_component_rla/cfg -I./components/spc560dxx_irq_component_rla/cfg -I./components/spc560dxx_osal_component_rla/cfg -I./components/spc560dxx_low_level_drivers_component_rla/cfg -I./components main.c -o main.o

c:/project/spc5repos/sprint16/tools/gcccompilersuite/com.st.tools.spc5.tools.gnu.gcc.ppcvle.win32/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabivle/4.9.4\libgcc.a(eabivle.o): In function `__eabi':
(.text+0x46): undefined reference to `__init'
c:/project/spc5repos/sprint16/tools/gcccompilersuite/com.st.tools.spc5.tools.gnu.gcc.ppcvle.win32/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabivle/4.9.4\libgcc.a(eabivle.o):(.got2+0x8): undefined reference to `__SDATA_START__'
c:/project/spc5repos/sprint16/tools/gcccompilersuite/com.st.tools.spc5.tools.gnu.gcc.ppcvle.win32/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabivle/4.9.4\libgcc.a(eabivle.o):(.got2+0xc): undefined reference to `__SBSS_END__'
c:/project/spc5repos/sprint16/tools/gcccompilersuite/com.st.tools.spc5.tools.gnu.gcc.ppcvle.win32/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabivle/4.9.4\libgcc.a(eabivle.o):(.got2+0x14): undefined reference to `__SDATA2_START__'
c:/project/spc5repos/sprint16/tools/gcccompilersuite/com.st.tools.spc5.tools.gnu.gcc.ppcvle.win32/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabivle/4.9.4\libgcc.a(eabivle.o):(.got2+0x18): undefined reference to `__SBSS2_END__'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [build/out.elf] Error 1

On powerpc-eabivle-gcc-4.9.2.exe .. no issue happenned on the same directive of compilation

Compilation is OK

i do not understand this issue, do you have an idea ?

Best Regards

Erwan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

FYI:

If you use IDE project in S32DS v1.2 - there is an automatic way to fix the linker differences.

You basically right click on a linker script warning in Problems View and select  "Quick Fix" option.

pastedImage_7.png

pastedImage_9.png

This will add the additional linker sections that are required by the updated GCC compiler/linker:

pastedImage_20.png

This feature is documented in FAQ manual:

<S32DS_Power_v1.2>\S32DS\help\pdf\s32ds.pwr.win.faq.pdf

section "3.3 Open a project made in previous version of S32DS Power"

Regards,

Stanislav

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

FYI:

If you use IDE project in S32DS v1.2 - there is an automatic way to fix the linker differences.

You basically right click on a linker script warning in Problems View and select  "Quick Fix" option.

pastedImage_7.png

pastedImage_9.png

This will add the additional linker sections that are required by the updated GCC compiler/linker:

pastedImage_20.png

This feature is documented in FAQ manual:

<S32DS_Power_v1.2>\S32DS\help\pdf\s32ds.pwr.win.faq.pdf

section "3.3 Open a project made in previous version of S32DS Power"

Regards,

Stanislav

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Erwan, 

you need to update linker files for 4.9.4 version. In attachment are default linker files for MPC56xx. If you have no special configuration in you linker files - you can use them in your project otherwise you need to update your existing linker files. 

Jiri

0 Kudos