DDR ECC checking at u-boot for LS1046ardb

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR ECC checking at u-boot for LS1046ardb

sreeragag
Contributor II

I have been trying for ECC checking in DDR for LS1046ardb from u-boot to access DDR registers. When I tried for writing to DDR_MTCR, memory write did not change the register values in the DDR_MTCR.

How can we configure the DDR testing registers from u-boot?

Also I tried with DDRv tool in the CodeWarrior. But that didn't work. The connection with CWTAP is not able to establish. How to get CWTAP connection proper? I changed the frequency of JTAG to 16000. Tried for both hard coded and QSPI boot options with JTAG. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sreerag A G,

In u-boot, you could define CONFIG_FSL_DDR_BIST to enable built-in memory test in the header file include/configs/ls1046ardb.h.

#define CONFIG_DDR_ECC
#define CONFIG_ECC_INIT_VIA_DDRCONTROLLER
#define CONFIG_MEM_INIT_VALUE           0xdeadbeef
#define CONFIG_FSL_DDR_BIST     /* enable built-in memory test */
#ifndef CONFIG_SPL_BUILD
#define CONFIG_FSL_DDR_INTERACTIVE      /* Interactive debugging */
#endif

Please refer to the following section in drivers/ddr/fsl/fsl_ddr_gen4.c.

#ifdef CONFIG_FSL_DDR_BIST
#define BIST_PATTERN1   0xFFFFFFFF
#define BIST_PATTERN2   0x0
#define BIST_CR         0x80010000
#define BIST_CR_EN      0x80000000
#define BIST_CR_STAT    0x00000001
#define CTLR_INTLV_MASK 0x20000000
        /* Perform build-in test on memory. Three-way interleaving is not yet
         * supported by this code. */
        if (getenv_f("ddr_bist", buffer, CONFIG_SYS_CBSIZE) >= 0) {
                puts("Running BIST test. This will take a while...");

mtcr = BIST_CR;
                ddr_out32(&ddr->mtcr, mtcr);

Regarding DDRv problem, please make sure there is valid RCW on the target board, QCVS tool cannot support hard-coded RCW. If the target board is empty, please refer to the first section in Use CodeWarrior for ARMv8 to Debug U-boot and Linux Kernel and Bring up Bare Boards  to program RCW on the target board.

Please refer to DDRv user manual https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/QCVS_DDR_User_Guide.pdf .

Please refer to DDR Controller Configuration on LS2085/LS2080 Bringing up 

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tracysmith
Contributor IV

Customers need the ability to test do ECC testing or unit tests to test for machine check errors.  Does NXP have any tests to validate the ECC by inducing a DDR error?

0 Kudos