cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4330 WWDT

cyc583723081
Contributor I

hi,

I've used in the application of lpc4330 hardware watchdog, the function of the configuration is timeout reset chip function, I met the question is: watchdog timeout after reset chip, I read the guard dog tags (WDTOF) to zero.Normally, the hardware reset that the watchdog causes will make this mark position 1, and then the software is zero.May I ask why?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi customer,

Could you post the according debug picture about WDTOF after you get the watchdog reset?

Actually, if the reset is caused by the watchdog, the WDTOF should be 1, this flag is cleared by software writing a 0 to this bit. Please also make sure, after watchdog reset, and when you check the WDTOF bit, you didn't do the software clear.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos