spifi library availability?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spifi library availability?

__placeholder__
Contributor II

First, NXP needs to make it a priority to fix all the broken links to lpcware.com, or archive the content, or do something other than kill off the lpcware site and content completely, as I believe my answer might be there.  Many of the links from this forum are now dead.  eg. Latest version of spifi_drv_M4.lib please, and where to download the SPIFI library documentation?  or SPIFI library source code 

I am using the LPC4357 with SPIFI flash.  It works with S25FL128P and S25FL032K, but those parts are now obsolete and I am switching to the S25FL128L  The problem is the SPIFI library is old, and does not work (spifi_init returns 20008 = "unknown device type code")

The library I am using consists of spifi_drv_M0.lib, spifi_drv_M4.lib and SPIFI_report v0.1.pdf.  I don't know the origin - I think perhaps from an example.  The pdf has a title 'LPC18xx/LPC43xx SPIFI software library' and 'Rev. 0.01 — 27 April 2012'.

So where can I either find an updated library or the source code that was used?

If the lpcware links were not destroyed then I'd try:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpc4350apdlzip

http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/lpcspifilib-v004beta-available

The last link implies that something exists.

http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpc4350apdlzip

This is the closest I can find.  Different API, but supports the S25FL128L

LPC SPIFI Peripheral|NXP 

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

__placeholder__
Contributor II

Update:  The S25FL128L/S25FL256L is very similar to the S25FLxxxS 64kb block device.  But the latency bits have shifted and their meaning has changed, so the number of dummy cycles is incorrect all fast reads, and the library just has hard coded latency values without device specific conversion values.  I've just made a simple non-library implementation for the S25FL128L as I need to anyhow for the Keil flash load .flm module, and now can share the code between the two.

The SPIFI library needs to shift to using the JEDEC parameters as then it would not need device specific code.

rawsewage
Contributor III

Hi @__placeholder____placeholder__, I'm in a similar situation as you.  I'm trying to migrate from the S25FL164K to the S25FL064L.  I feel like I'm getting closer but I'm still having problems.  Is there any chance you would be interested in sharing your code for the S25FL128L?  Thanks for any help!!!

0 Kudos

gut
Contributor I

Hi, did you solve your problem. I'm also facing issues to use S25FL064L with current SPIFI library. Please share any directions if you happen to succeed. Unfortunately the SPIFI library latest release is still dated on 2014!

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and apologies for the inconvenience, the LPCWare forum is no longer active and all the content related to the SPIFI library has been migrated to nxp.com on the page you mention:

LPC SPIFI Peripheral|NXP 

In this page you can find the latest SPIFI library versions and documentation.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

gut
Contributor I

Don't you have a newer version? This one looks outdated

0 Kudos