AnsweredAssumed Answered

i.MX6UL ENET1 (with LAN8720AI PHY) is not working in Uboot

Question asked by Hemant Pathak on Aug 29, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 14, 2017 by lvmh

Hi

I am using the customized board based on imx6UL(MCIMX6G0DVM05AA) using Linux. I am trying to configure the RMII(LAN8720AI) phy with the same board but I am not able to ping.I am able to get the clock@50MHz and data on Tx-line between mac and phy. Please find the attached below image for the pin configurations and waveforms of Tx-data with clock. I have done the following pin configurations in u-boot as per our design.

static iomux_v3_cfg_t const fec1_pads[] = {

MX6_PAD_ENET2_RX_DATA0__ENET1_MDIO | MUX_PAD_CTRL(MDIO_PAD_CTRL), /* MDIO */ MX6_PAD_ENET2_RX_DATA1__ENET1_MDC | MUX_PAD_CTRL(ENET_PAD_CTRL), /* MDC */ MX6_PAD_ENET1_TX_DATA0__ENET1_TDATA00 | MUX_PAD_CTRL(ENET_PAD_CTRL), MX6_PAD_ENET1_TX_DATA1__ENET1_TDATA01 | MUX_PAD_CTRL(ENET_PAD_CTRL), MX6_PAD_ENET1_TX_EN__ENET1_TX_EN | MUX_PAD_CTRL(ENET_PAD_CTRL), MX6_PAD_ENET1_TX_CLK__ENET1_REF_CLK1 | MUX_PAD_CTRL(ENET_PAD_CTRL), MX6_PAD_ENET1_RX_DATA0__ENET1_RDATA00 | MUX_PAD_CTRL(ENET_PAD_CTRL), MX6_PAD_ENET1_RX_DATA1__ENET1_RDATA01 | MUX_PAD_CTRL(ENET_PAD_CTRL), MX6_PAD_ENET1_RX_ER__ENET1_RX_ER | MUX_PAD_CTRL(ENET_PAD_CTRL), MX6_PAD_ENET1_RX_EN__ENET1_RX_EN | MUX_PAD_CTRL(ENET_PAD_CTRL), MX6_PAD_LCD_HSYNC__GPIO3_IO02 | MUX_PAD_CTRL(NO_PAD_CTRL), /* RESET */

};

Anyone have any suggestions on what might be wrong or what next to check to get Ethernet working in Linux on the i.MX6UL?

Attachments

Outcomes