cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB support for M4 core of iMX7D

Jump to solution
jmsan
Contributor II

Hi I've downloaded the BSP FreeRTOS packages to run some example programs onto the M4 core: I've successfully run hello world example and such.

However I am wondering why there is no API for USB implementations. It is planned to be released? I've imported the USB Stack of freescale but the KHCI Layer is not compatible with iMX7D Registers so even using the API of freescale usb stack I cannot make it run onto M4 of iMX7D.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In case of the i.MX6SX and i.MX7 processors, the USB modules are intended to be used by the Cortex A9/A7, but not by the Cortex M4. That’s why the USB support on FreeRTOS is not included, and there are no plans of adding it.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In case of the i.MX6SX and i.MX7 processors, the USB modules are intended to be used by the Cortex A9/A7, but not by the Cortex M4. That’s why the USB support on FreeRTOS is not included, and there are no plans of adding it.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos