cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory browser changes general purpose registers - SWT debugging

filipzigun
Contributor I

Hi,

When using memory browser general purpose registers change after reading SWT registers values, while SWT is running, because of that I get a machine check error. I'm using MPC5744P and S32 v1.1. Is that normal behavior when SWT is running or not? 

Before reading SWT registers

reg_prije.PNG

After using memory browser

reg_poslije.PNG

After reading I used step instruction mode and stepped only one instruction and this happens, also I tried reading other memory locations but registers remain same as before.

Best Regards,

Filip

0 Kudos
2 Replies

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have never seen this issue so, I am not sure if my answer is related to this problem, but there was SWT default configuration error in this version of S32DS. In startup code, there is following code in  Turn off SWTs section:

e_lis    r3, 0x7F00

e_or2i    r3, 0x010A
e_stw    r3, 0(r4)

try to use 0xFF00 instead of 0x7F00.

In case this does not solve the problem, please try S32 Design Studio for Power version 1.2. If there will be the same problem, please write in detail how to reproduce the issue and I will check it on my side and eventually log it as a bug.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

filipzigun
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. 

Startup code was already changed the way you said and i still get same error and i tried using S32 v1.2 but still same. 

While SWT is running i suspend running program and then i use Memory browser to read memory where SWT registers are located (0xFC050000) and after reading that memory i resume running program and MCU registers change as explained in first post.

Best regards,

Filip

0 Kudos