Update firmware of MFRC522 based RFID card reader ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update firmware of MFRC522 based RFID card reader ?

Jump to solution
davinderpro
Contributor I

I bought 100 pieces of RFID reader from a vendor for cheap. Now I got to know it is not compatible with our code which works fine with RFID readers with firmware Version: 0x92 =v2.0. 

The RFID reader I bought have firmware version 0x12=(unknown). 

rfid firmware version 2.png

How can I update the firmware of my RFID card reader ? If it is possible then how can I do it ? what tools and software will I need to update the firmware on these RFID reader.  Please guide me NXP community. 

Tags (2)
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Davinder,

Actually the correct version info is like below:

pastedImage_1.png

There is no 0x12 for version number, which vendor did you buy from? I guess it is a counterfeit.

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Davinder,

Actually the correct version info is like below:

pastedImage_1.png

There is no 0x12 for version number, which vendor did you buy from? I guess it is a counterfeit.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

davinderpro
Contributor I

Thank you for answering my question. Looks like I bought counterfeit RFID modules. 

0 Kudos