cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the imx6d temperature

haitaochen
Contributor I

hello

I have a problem. I saw that the  ODT settings (MPODTCTRL). So i want to know if set it to 0x00007 or set it to 0x11117.  Will there be any hidden trouble?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You may use simulation technique for PCB design in order to define if termination
is needed and what are optimal parameters. Also optimal values may be found during
testing / debugging on real board. ODT settings affect DDR signals integrity and increase
power consumption (when used).

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

haitaochen
Contributor I

hello 

If we want to reduce the temperature of imx6d .  what should we do? Now we reduce the Clock frequency of GPU . That we got the desired temperature. But its performance is so bad. Do you have any good way to lower the temperature without sacrificing performance? 

0 Kudos