Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBTL02043ABQ differential input voltage range

Jump to solution
gavinteague
Contributor I

Hello

I have a question about the CBTL02043ABQ differential channel mux demux.

I am not sure if this is the correct community for this device. If not, I apologize.

I would like to use this device to switch SGMII high speed serial signals (1.25Gbps). SGMII differential pairs are AC coupled with a common mode voltage of 0V.

I would just like to confirm that this device can handle signals that swing to negative voltages even though it's power rails are only +3V3 and GND. Because the SGMII common mode voltage is at 0V, the signals will swing both positive and negative relative to the 0V common mode.

I can find a maximum input voltage for the differential pins of 2.4V in the datasheet but I cannot find a minimum.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
  • RF

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Gavin,

The minimum input voltage at the differential pins is -0.3V.

Regarding “SGMII differential pairs are AC coupled with a common mode voltage of 0V” - as I understand SGMII usually uses LVDS as its I/O, which has a common mode voltage at about 1V-1.3V. Do you use a different flavor I/O?

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gavinteague
Contributor I

Thank you Tomas. I will make sure my differential signals are biased in the range 1V - 1.3V.

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Gavin,

The minimum input voltage at the differential pins is -0.3V.

Regarding “SGMII differential pairs are AC coupled with a common mode voltage of 0V” - as I understand SGMII usually uses LVDS as its I/O, which has a common mode voltage at about 1V-1.3V. Do you use a different flavor I/O?

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos