Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you run a demo app?

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I am trying to run a demo app that is located in the following folder:

Freescale/KSDK_1.3.0/examples/frdmk64f/demo_apps/usb/host/msd/msd_fatfs/bm/kds

I am not sure if you can run a demo app or if its just use for reference?

I have the FRDM-K64F board and I am using the SDAUSB port to load it.  I am not sure if this is

correct? Is that the right port? What should I use to debug it (host_msd_fatfs_bm_frdmk64f debug csmisdap)?

I am getting the following error I am attaching.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Neil,

1. There is a steps  guide about how to run this demo code :

KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps\usb\host\msd\msd_fatfs\readme.pdf

please refer to it .

2. If still can't work, please tell me when it shows this error , when download ? If yes, please first create a simple

project to debug , check whether it can work well .

3. Just a kind of suggestion, if your project haven't begin, recommend you use the latest version KSDKv2.2 :

Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|NXP 

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alice,

I tried following the example instructions an running the demo on my FRDM-K64F board, but when I 

connect RealTerm (like Hyperterminal) I don't seen anything being sent.  I configured RealTerm for

Baud: 115200, Parity: none, Data Bits: 8, Stop Bits: 1, Flow: none.

Do you have to program the FRDM-K64F with an OPEN SDA first before running the demo app?

Regards,

Neil

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Neil,

If you use the on board debugger, yes, you need update the firmware in bootloder  refer to

Quick Start :

pastedImage_1.png

I attached  Jlink_OpenSDA file,  you can use this.

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alice,

I use the P&E multilink to load the demo app, but I had to modify the board by cutting the runners

for J5, J8, and J12.  I also placed jumpers on these so that if I needed, I can short again. Unfortunately, when I run the demo app, I get nothing on Realterm?  I configured Realterm correctly and followed the instructions on the Readme PDFs, which by the way doesn't show pictures on how to properly connect the board or really tell you if certain connectors need to be shorted or not if you using P&E programmer.

I get no errors during compiling so I imagine that the demo is working and debug/linking to the board seems to work fine. There are no errors when I run it and I can tell my cables to the PC are fine.

Can you tell me if I could be doing something wrong? 

Can you send me the demo zipped?I

I have two other boards I will test tomorrow in the meantime, I can't continue with

my project until I have at least the demo working.

Thanks,

Neil

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Neil,

You haven't use the OpenSDA on board, so which UART port do you used ?

The default code on demo project use the UART0( PTB16 and PTB17 pins), connected to OpenSDA (J26).

I recommend you use the on board debugger (OpenSDA) first .

BR

ALice

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alice,

I followed the instructions for using the OpenSDAv2. I first placed the FRDM-K64F board on bootloader mode, then found the

k20dx128_k64f_if_mbed on the following website: Firmware FRDM K64F - Handbook | Mbed  and loaded on the board.  I finally

loaded or try to load the demo app msd_host_fatfs_bm_frdmk64f and first tried the debug, then the release version and both

gave me an error.

Error1.jpg

Here is the console error:

consule.jpg

Here is a picture of the new EMBED host file after following the steps of the OpenSDAv2

EMBED.jpg

Let me know if any of these help you understand what is happening?

Thank you,

Neil

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Neil,

Please load the "Jlink_OpenSDA_V2"file  I attached last time to bootloader ,

then use "GDB SEGGER J-Link debugging" when download APP  .

Also don't cut " J5, J8, and J12" .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alice,

I was able to figure out the problem.  Once I loaded the binary file to the OPENSDAv2, instead of using my

P&E multilink to run the demo, I created a binary file which I dropped inside the MBED file that comes up.

This way I was able to run the demo.

Thanks,

Neil

0 Kudos