XPedite5501 P2020e. Active ethernet issue (u boot)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XPedite5501 P2020e. Active ethernet issue (u boot)

nfarabee
Contributor I

Hi,

When powering-on XPedite5501, u boot shows: Net: eTSEC1, eTSEC2. Indicating there are two Ethernet ports available. When I run "printenv" I see ethact = eTSEC1. I set ethact to etSEC2 by "setenv ethact eTSEC2", then save ("saveenv"). If I power cycle, ethact defaults to eTSEC1. Both ethernet ports have worked. I managed to switch between them once before. Now I can't seem to prevent P2020e from defaulting to ethact = eTSEC1. My goal is to have both ethernet ports talking "simultaneously". From what I've tried, I'm only allowed to have one talking even though they are both connected to a single switch.

Any advice on this?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It looks that  you can only (easily) access one port at a time. There is also only one static IP address assignment and the ipaddr environment variable.

Please set the default to eTSEC2 as the following.

=> setenv ethact eTSEC2
=> setenv ethprime eTSEC2
=> save

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos