Re: Is it possible to boot from QSPI on i.mx6UL EVK?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is it possible to boot from QSPI on i.mx6UL EVK?

farangutan
Contributor I

Carlos

Thanks for your help.  I'm trying to boot from QSPi using the *.vbs script (which I have been assuming would install the correct u-boot) via the MfgTool.  I'm certain the boot switches (SW601) were set correctly.

I have used a number of other Freescale/NXP evaluation boards and had zero trouble.  I'm very perplexed by the i.mx6UL.  We have lost so much time that we will just be returning the EVKs.  I doubt that we will ever make them work.  

Another company (from Israel) is making a i.mx6UL SOM which boots correctly right out of the box.  I was writing code within 15 minutes of opening the package. 

At some point, you just cut your losses...  Please mark this inquiry "closed" even though no solution was found.Wayne "Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis", -- unencumbered by rational thought!

To: Wayne Radochonski <wayne.radochonski@yahoo.com>

Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 6:22 PM

Subject: Re: - Is it possible to boot from QSPI on i.mx6UL EVK?

|

|

Is it possible to boot from QSPI on i.mx6UL EVK?

reply from CarlosCasillas in i.MX Community - View the full discussionHi,Have you considered the right u-boot file to be loaded into the QSPI for proper boot of the board?You could refer to the following document, which uses a different u-boot file for SATA boot:Booting Linux from SATA on i.MX6Q SABRE AI.  Additionally, you should ensure that all the switches that selects the boot source of the i.MX6UL are properly configured. Please refer to sections 2.2 and 2.7 of the “i.MX 6UltraLite EVK Board Hardware User’s Guide”:  

Hope this will be useful for you.

Best regards!

/Carlos 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

please use recent BSPs.

Re: iMX6UL-EVK: How do I use MFG-TOOL to boot from QSPI Nor Flash? 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos