KL02 FSL_FEATURE_I2C_HAS_START_STOP_DETECT

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL02 FSL_FEATURE_I2C_HAS_START_STOP_DETECT

soonyetchan
Contributor I

KL02 Sub-Family Reference Manual (http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/KL02P32M48SF0RM.pdf )

clearly indicates register I2Cx_FLT does not have SSIE bit (start / stop interrupt), why is MKL02Z4_features.h defined otherwise?

/* @brief Has I2C bus start and stop detection (register bits FLT[SSIE], FLT[STARTF] and FLT[STOPF]). */
#define FSL_FEATURE_I2C_HAS_START_STOP_DETECT (1)
/* @brief Has I2C bus stop detection (register bits FLT[STOPIE] and FLT[STOPF]). */
#define FSL_FEATURE_I2C_HAS_STOP_DETECT (0)

Slave receive works with FSL_FEATURE_I2C_HAS_START_STOP_DETECT set to (1), but not when set to (0) with FSL_FEATURE_I2C_HAS_STOP_DETECT set to (1).

Which is correct?

After 1 week digging and debugging fsl_i2c library it felt unfinished at 70%, some of the functions are not used and it should be made very clear to user that the library does not support multi-master configuration - where single I2C instance need to support both master/slave operation. The proof is the library does not handle slave and master handles differently, only one can be created at one time - the one created later overwrites the former.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Soon Yet Chan

Yes, the I2Cx_FLT register has the STARTF bit. I will try to request a new version from NXP develop team for you.

Thank you very much and apologize for the mistake sincerely!

Regards

Pan Jing

0 Kudos

soonyetchan
Contributor I

Testing START condition generation from another device, KL02 did enter interrupt meaning it has START interrupt support, from header files this would be bit4 of I2Cx_FLT.

Is there a new version of Reference Manual?

0 Kudos