AnsweredAssumed Answered

MAPS-KS22F256 not creating virtual com port with either mbed or jlink firmware

Question asked by sangitasridar on Aug 20, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 5, 2018 by Victor Huang

Hi ,

i have the maps evaluation board. I connected it with its dock. In all the following cases I started with windows 10 first and could not connect to the board and so I later tried doing the same steps with windows 7.

In the case of cmsis dap mbed firmware

I connected the CN-14 USB to my computer after pressing hold the reset button-K1 till I got the boot loader drive(E:\) showed up. I installed the mbed drivers by running mbedWinSerial_16466.exe and once I got the windows saying the drivers installed successfully, I sent the k20dx128_ks22_mbed bin file to bootloader. The green LED(LD6) started blinking faster ie from 1Hz to say 5Hz. I unplugged the board and repulgged in. The mbed driver which supposed to show as com port in Ports(COM&LPT) in device manager did not show up when the board was reconnected to the computer. I had the following shown in device manager :

1) "USB controller "showing the "mbed composite driver "

2) "Portable device" showing "bootloader",

3) "disk drive" showing "MBED microcontroller USB device"

Due to the com port I could not connect to my board with none of the following terminal showing serial port when my device is connected. I used Tera term, PuTTY, Kinetis flash to see connections 

In the case of segger jlink

I executed the segger jlink.exe file. I connected the CN-14 USB to my computer after pressing hold the reset button-K1 till I got the boot loader drive(E:\)  showed up. I then sent the jlink_openSDA_v2 bin file to the boot loader. The green LED(LD6) started blinking faster ie from 1Hz to say 5Hz. I unplugged the board and repulgged in. The jlink driver which supposed to install drivers did not install it when the board was reconnected. 

Due to the com port I could not connect to my board with none of the following terminal showing serial port when my device is connected. I used Tera term, PuTTY, Kinetis flash to see connections. I even connected the segger debugger to the swd line and tried to connect to board through the jlink commander but could not connect to the board.

Am I missing something?

Outcomes