cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPS-KS22F256 not creating virtual com port with either mbed or jlink firmware

sangitasridar
Contributor I

Hi ,

i have the maps evaluation board. I connected it with its dock. In all the following cases I started with windows 10 first and could not connect to the board and so I later tried doing the same steps with windows 7.

In the case of cmsis dap mbed firmware

I connected the CN-14 USB to my computer after pressing hold the reset button-K1 till I got the boot loader drive(E:\) showed up. I installed the mbed drivers by running mbedWinSerial_16466.exe and once I got the windows saying the drivers installed successfully, I sent the k20dx128_ks22_mbed bin file to bootloader. The green LED(LD6) started blinking faster ie from 1Hz to say 5Hz. I unplugged the board and repulgged in. The mbed driver which supposed to show as com port in Ports(COM&LPT) in device manager did not show up when the board was reconnected to the computer. I had the following shown in device manager :

1) "USB controller "showing the "mbed composite driver "

2) "Portable device" showing "bootloader",

3) "disk drive" showing "MBED microcontroller USB device"

Due to the com port I could not connect to my board with none of the following terminal showing serial port when my device is connected. I used Tera term, PuTTY, Kinetis flash to see connections 

In the case of segger jlink

I executed the segger jlink.exe file. I connected the CN-14 USB to my computer after pressing hold the reset button-K1 till I got the boot loader drive(E:\)  showed up. I then sent the jlink_openSDA_v2 bin file to the boot loader. The green LED(LD6) started blinking faster ie from 1Hz to say 5Hz. I unplugged the board and repulgged in. The jlink driver which supposed to install drivers did not install it when the board was reconnected. 

Due to the com port I could not connect to my board with none of the following terminal showing serial port when my device is connected. I used Tera term, PuTTY, Kinetis flash to see connections. I even connected the segger debugger to the swd line and tried to connect to board through the jlink commander but could not connect to the board.

Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sangitasridar,

This question is the same question which you have post in the case.

Now, please still in the win 7 system.

Please download the MAPSKS22F256QSP at first, you can find it in the attachment. Read MAPS-KS22F256_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf at first.

Please check your hardware configuration, especially the short blocks. page 3 picture in quick start guide.

This user guide in English will help you to check the hardware short block connections.

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MAPSKS22F256UG.pdf 

Then, change the firmware.

1.  MBED firmware

This is my MAPS-KS22 picture from my PC.

23.jpg

MBED serial port driver:

https://developer.mbed.org/media/downloads/drivers/mbedWinSerial_16466.exe 

Actually, you already install it.

2 JLINK firware

This is my picture

24.jpg

If you still have question after you change the firmware with the win7, please give me some picture on your side, device manager, and what the board device name on your side, in bootloader or already in the firmware mode.

Besides, you can try it in two win7 systems.

If all have the problem, please also tell me!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

victor_huang
Contributor I

Hi Kerry

I follow MAPS-KS22F256_Quick_Start_Guide to upgrade my bootloader,

here is my steps:

1.press K1 Reset button
2.plug-in CN14 USB to power on KS22
3.release K1 button 

4 Copy JLink_OpenSDA_V2.bin to bootloader, KS22 Board restarted
5 plug out and in CN14 again

After that, my KS22 board always boot into bootloader mode, even i did NOT press reset button.

Is anyway to recover it?

thank you

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Victor,

Please tell me what the PC OS you are using? Win7 or win10?

As I know, opensda v2.0 HAVE problems in win10, BUT win7 works.

Besides, next time, please create your own question post directly, don't follow the old post which already be marked the correct answer, thank you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

victor_huang
Contributor I

HI Kerry,

thanks for your reply

I fix the problem by use another win 7 OS

0 Kudos