Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 eMMC Partitions

Jump to solution
venkatachilakal
Contributor III

Hello,

I am working on IMX6Q Board which is similar to sabre-sd.  On this board we have eMMC ( 4G ).

For board testing i have partitioned the eMMC with two partitions boot and rootfs.

I have loaded the dtb file and zImage in boot partition and file system in rootfs partition.

Once I powered up the board. i just load the u-boot.imx using imx_usb_loader. 

This u boot loads the kernel and it working fine. 

But, I would like to store the u-boot also in the eMMC and u-boot must load on power up. 

Please do point me to make this happen. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Venkata

please refer to sect.4.4.1.2 Using eMMC attached Linux Guide. Also one can

use mfg tools from link

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/i.mx-software-and-tools/i....

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Venkata

please refer to sect.4.4.1.2 Using eMMC attached Linux Guide. Also one can

use mfg tools from link

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/i.mx-software-and-tools/i....

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!