cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between SSD flash drivers and Simple flash drivers on MPC5746R

shigaofeng2005
Contributor I

Hello All,
I am finding flash Drivers of MPC5746R to apply on our Bootloader project.Now I have downloaded "MPC5748G-Flash_RW-GHS614_v1-1.zip" and "MPC5748G-Flash_RW-SSD_GHS614.zip" from the official website,then added into my project. The projects work well but I still have the following questions:
(1) I want to know the detailed difference between SSD flash drivers and Simple flash drivers;
(2) Would you please help where to find the C source code of SSD flash drivers;
(3) During development of bootloader for MPC5746R, can the Simple flash drivers replace SSD flash drivers? If not, what can I do for being the same with SSD flash drivers.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1) SSD (Standard Software Driver) are the only official drivers, what we called Simple is just example code for people needed to write their own flash driver. SSD is proven and complex solution but as user you will get only binaries and API.

2) As I know we usually does not provide SSD source code. The driver itself you can download here:

http://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/device-drivers/C55_JDP_SSD.exe 

pastedImage_2.png

3) Basically yes, but I would not recommend it to you. SSD can be downloaded above and used without issues.

liuushiquan
Contributor I

Hi David, I program FLASH in two ways, one is by SSD, one is my C codes. My C code works well, but the other is not.

Here is the codes.Could you give me some advises?

C code

pastedImage_1.png

And by SSD

pastedImage_2.png

Function  pFlashErase  does not return.

0 Kudos