cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6ULL writing into eCSPI status register kills the SPI

Jump to solution
wolfgang_muees
Contributor II

In order to recover from a stopped DMA transfer, I wrote the pattern 0xC0 into ECSPI3_STATREG, to clean the TC and RF bits.

After this, the SPI interface was non-functional. I have not observed any data transfer (no clocks, master mode).

The error seems to be permanent. I have killed 2 boards, and have found no solution for this problem.

WARNING: do not write to the status register! Never!

regards

Wolfgang

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
wolfgang_muees
Contributor II

Sorry. The i.MX6ULL was NOT dead. My fault.

Setup of the CSPI and the DMA engine was not reliable, and the pattern of the faulty tries has matched perfect the write into the status register.

Driver is working now....

View solution in original post

3 Replies
wolfgang_muees
Contributor II

Sorry. The i.MX6ULL was NOT dead. My fault.

Setup of the CSPI and the DMA engine was not reliable, and the pattern of the faulty tries has matched perfect the write into the status register.

Driver is working now....

wolfgang_muees
Contributor II

Removing Power and wait one night does nothing good. The SPI interface remains non-functional. It's a permanent brick. Software bricks hardware....

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wolfgang

had you tried to remove all power (including SNVS) and external cables from

board, wait some time then power up. One can check spi pads by using them as gpios

or iomux spi on other pads.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos