AnsweredAssumed Answered

Kinetis debugger resume doesn't work on Cortex-M0+ processors.

Question asked by Nick Newell on Aug 16, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 21, 2017 by Alice_Yang

I'm using Kinetis Design Studio (Eclipse) v3.2.0 and I'm having trouble getting the resume (F8) feature to work. My target is a MKL17Z256xxx4 processor and I'm using a J-Link Plus from Segger v10.10. I'm running out of the flash. I am a newbie to Eclipse and to NXP processors in general so I apologize if this was already answered elsewhere.

If I start the firmware debugging it will stop at the main and I can resume from there and all is well. If I have a breakpoint preset somewhere it will stop and I can inspect things as expected, however any attempt to resume the serial ports are locked up. If I pause again it typically is in side an interrupt routine and looks like its running normally. I have 3 serial ports and and a number of timers running. If I break point early (before interrupts are running normally) I don't have this problem so it appears to be something to do with interrupts firing while I'm paused.

I suspect the peripheral interrupts are causing some problem and never recover, but its unclear what if anything can be done. I would have expected any interrupts to be serviced upon resume and eventually things would be running normally, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I have tried just a single hardware breakpoint but it makes no difference.

Thanks,

Nick

Outcomes