Accessing QSPI Flash on i.MX7D Sabre board from Linux?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing QSPI Flash on i.MX7D Sabre board from Linux?

sg4036
Contributor I

I'm using a Yocto build (via fsl-community-platform) for booting Linux on my i.mx7 Dual Sabre board. The kernel configuration has (from what I can see) the relevant options to enable the QSPI flash and the MTD layer but I do not see that the QSPI is enabled. I do not see anything for QSPI and MTD in the device tree sources.

The i.MX Linux reference manual implies that there should be either AT45DB321D or M25P32 flash on board. Looking on the actual board I see a Macronix MX25L51245G serial flash chip.

Please can someone advise as to whether this device can be accessed from the Linux running on the SoC and where to get the appropriate device tree code etc.?

Thanks in advance,

Simon 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

sg4036
Contributor I

Update on this: I've found a device tree (imx7d-sdb-qspi.dtb) which (looking at the device tree sources in the kernel) has an entry for the appropriate flash device which is on the board:

imx7d-sdb-qspi.dtsi: compatible = "macronix,mx25l51245g";

However booting with this just gives an error (in the kernel boot log) which (as far as I understand it) means that the QSPI is not enabled or not responding:
fsl-quadspi 30bb0000.qspi: unrecognized JEDEC id bytes: ff, ff, ff
fsl-quadspi 30bb0000.qspi: Freescale QuadSPI probe failed
So, I'm wondering if there is something I need to do on the board to enable the QSPI? I've tried playing with the switches marked SW2 which define boot mode but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
Thanks
Simon
0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Simon,

You can refer to the thread https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-334450 to check your hardware first.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos