LS1043ARDB OpenSDA/Mbed application download link

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1043ARDB OpenSDA/Mbed application download link

strongqu
Contributor I

LS1043ARDB board comes with OpenSDA/mbed support. Anybody knows where to find OpenSDA application for this board? I somehow blow away the CMSIS-DAP application on my board.  I found download links of other NXP platform such as Freedom FRDM-K22F at here: http://www.nxp.com/opensda. And tried several of the binary but seems none of them works on LS1043ARDB board.

Another question, is there a way to flash the image through OpenSDA/mbed, without using TAP/Jtag? For one of our LS1043ARDB board, the image (include the UBoot) are totally gone (from both bank of NOR flash). I guess I need a flash programmer OpenSDA application. Or maybe I can make one based on OpenSDA/MBed? Any relative information are welcome.

Thanks,
Strong

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CodeWarrior Flash programmer supports Flash burning using CMSIS-DAP on the LS1043a board. This connection provides low-speed for data transfers.

CodeWarrior TAP is faster.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

strongqu
Contributor I

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for all the information. I did check the RM and tried with CodeWarrior Flash programmer. Also tried run CW_ARMv8\ARMv8\gdb_extensions\flash\cwflash.py through gdb but got this:

(gdb) source ../../gdb_extensions/flash/cwflash.py
Starting flash programmer services...
Starting local server...
Successfully started gdb server 127.0.0.1:45000.
Set gdb remote timeout to 7200
Connecting to target...
Using LS1043A SoC
Using CMSIS-DAP
Using jtag speed 6000
Connecting to probe...
ccs:USB open failure
CCS: TAP USB open failure.
connection failed
Target connection failed. Please re-check the settings.

Processor: LS1043A
Probe: CMSISDAP
//
Additional error details:
[CCS: TAP USB open failure]

Closing debugger server...
Error: fail to start flash programming services.

So I think the Flash Programmer mentioned there still need a TAP/Jtag physically connected to the board(maybe connect to the K22 Jtag connector?). This is not what I'd like to go with. Since OpenSDA/Mbed provides the MSD, I'd like to be able to load an flash programmer application to the MSD, and use it to flash uBoot and other image to Nor. Is that possible? We have several this board around, and we may mess up the image on the Nor flash from time to time. If we can recover the board without TAP, that would be great. Otherwise we will have to get a bunch of TAP and install CodeWarrior for every user here.

I also tried loading Uboot on SD card. I followed RM and changed SW4 and SW5 for boot from SD. But so far still got no luck.

Regards,

Strong

0 Kudos

strongqu
Contributor I

Just an update: I did get the board recovered by booting from SD.

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the Section 5.1 of the LS1043ARDB reference Manual:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=LS1043ARDBRM&Parent_nodeId=1441121579998719223109&Parent...

This Figure shows that CMSIS-DAP is connected to the LS1043a COP/JTAG. NXP CodeWarrior supports code loading and debugging using CMSIS-DAP:

http://www.nxp.com/products/developer-resources/software-development-tools/codewarrior-development-t...

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

strongqu
Contributor I

I found a binary works for my LS1043ARDB board from this thread: https://community.nxp.com/thread/387080?commentID=840141#comment-840141. I still like to know whether a flash programmer application available for this board.

0 Kudos