S12ZVC Serial Bootloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S12ZVC Serial Bootloader

gordonp
Contributor III

I need to make a serial bootloader for the S12ZVC (using SCI port). I noticed that there are sample projects for S12ZVH and S12ZVM. Which of these two would be the best to work from as a basis for the S12ZVC?

0 Kudos
8 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I would say S12ZVH.

There are differences in the CPMU and PIM modules.

SCI, Flash, RAM modules are identical.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

gordonp
Contributor III

Ok! So I have now prepared an S12ZVC specific bootloader, but I seem to be having problems with the Java PC application (S12Z MagniV Serial Bootloader Interface). I load my S19 file and then start transmission. I get the messages "Opening COM10" and "Beginning Transmission", but no characters ares being sent. I have confirmed this by using an oscilloscope. I am using Windows 10 on an HP Omen laptop. The version number of the PC app is V1.0. Any ideas?

0 Kudos

gordonp
Contributor III

Looking at this in more detail, it would appear that the PC application sends one line of characters when it starts, and then waits for the target to respond. The default setting for the bootloader timeout is one second. Therefore, there needs to be some tight coordination between powering up the target and starting of the transmission from the PC app. Eventually, I managed to get the download working, and programmed my target with new code. I assume that I have done everything in the correct order? I did consider making the timeout period longer, but this would mean that the target would not be controlling what it is supposed to be controlling for a considerable amount of time (in embedded terms). Would it not be better if the PC app continually sent out the first block of characters until it got a response from the target? This way, we could use a much shorter timeout period.

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gordon,

I'm glad it works.

I was wondering why you didn't see any communication on the scope.

It would be probably better. I don't know why it is built this way.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

gordonp
Contributor III

Hi Daniel

Is the source code for the pc app available for us to modify?

Regards

Gordon

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gordon,

Yes, it is.

Could you please create a ticket?

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

gordonp
Contributor III

Hi Daniel

Please excuse my ignorance, but how do I create a ticket?

Regards

Gordon

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gordon,

It is described in this thread:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329745 

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos