Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB stack capacity

Jump to solution
antonychen2008
Contributor II

Dear Sir:

I am implementing a USB Host function to support USB mass storage device, I need to know how many capacity supported by our MQX USB host stack and file system.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andy:

There are no known limits expect those of FAT32 itself. But as with any USB device, due to various small incompatibilities and deviations from standard, they should do testing with stick they anticipate to use - if that is possible.

Also as a note, that with sticks above 4GB there may be issues with obtaining free space (should use IO_IOCTL_FREE_CLUSTERS and IO_IOCTL_GET_CLUSTER_SIZE instead of IO_IOCTL_FREE_SPACE)H

Hope it helps

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andy C

Could you please share us your MQX version and Board information, which USB stack you are using, usb_v2 or old usb?

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
antonychen2008
Contributor II

Thank you for your feedback, I am using TWR-K64 and USB_v2

0 Kudos
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andy:

There are no known limits expect those of FAT32 itself. But as with any USB device, due to various small incompatibilities and deviations from standard, they should do testing with stick they anticipate to use - if that is possible.

Also as a note, that with sticks above 4GB there may be issues with obtaining free space (should use IO_IOCTL_FREE_CLUSTERS and IO_IOCTL_GET_CLUSTER_SIZE instead of IO_IOCTL_FREE_SPACE)H

Hope it helps

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos