thread example projects have build errors

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thread example projects have build errors

davidandresky
Contributor II

I am trying to get started with MCUExpresso and the the v2.2 SDK's associated with the FRDM-KW41Z and USB-KW41Z development boards. I can import the generic SDK examples like HelloWorld and build successfully. However, I have tried building thread examples like the BorderRouter and the ThreadEligibleDevice projects and I get the same build errors. I can go through and fix errors (mostly by including h files) but when I build again new unrelated errors pop up. I have made nearly a dozen fixes but it is clear more will pop up.

I suspect something is not set up right in the project but I don't know what it is and the documentation is not helpful. Anyone else seen this?

2 Replies

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

what toolchain do you use to build the example project? Are you using MCUXpresso IDE?

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos

davidandresky
Contributor II

Hi Marek,

I am using the MCUXpresso IDE. I did manage to work around this. Originally I had unzipped the SDK's to access the documentation, then I imported the SDK folder, which the documentation said I could do. The work around was to remove the SDK's (and delete the projects I had modified), and import the zip file instead. Now I can compile the examples.

Dave