cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty pinmux file in project.

Jump to solution
jeremyanderson
Contributor III

I've created a project using the FRDM-K66F SDK and see an empty pinmux file, yet it works just fine with the board.  Using the project generator tool and importing the result to the IDE gives me a project with actual values in the pinmux files, but it does not offer the option of building or debugging.  What am I missing here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeremy,

I'm wondering why it can not builds nor runs ?

The functions BOARD_InitPins(void) in the file of pin_mux.c  is the pins which customer used,

if there is no pins to be used,  it will be empty, and it won't impact the project to build and runs.

BR

Alice

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, the pin_mux.c file is empty when you create a new project , for you haven't configure any pins now.

I recommend you use the "MCUXpresso Config Tools" MCUXpresso Config Tools|NXP configure pins,

then it will generate pins_mux.h and pins_mux.h files , use the them replace the default two files on your project.

pastedImage_3.png

There also a getting start for MCXpresso Config  tools.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
jeremyanderson
Contributor III

Yes, thank you.  That does help.  What I am not understanding is why my project builds and runs without a populated pin_mux.c file

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jeremy,

I'm wondering why it can not builds nor runs ?

The functions BOARD_InitPins(void) in the file of pin_mux.c  is the pins which customer used,

if there is no pins to be used,  it will be empty, and it won't impact the project to build and runs.

BR

Alice