LPC4357 USB0 as device, are reference pins needed?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4357 USB0 as device, are reference pins needed?

__placeholder__
Contributor II

I am using the LPC4357 USB0 strictly as an USB device.  Do I need to connect the USB0_VSSA_TERM, USB0_VSSA_REF, USB0_VDDA3V3, USB0_VDDA3V3_DRIVER and USB0_RREF pins, or are they only used when the UDB is configured as a host or OTG?  Or is this part of the built in USB interface electrical test software?

All the reference designs tend to include everything possible, so they have the host and OTG configuration.

The manual is vague about USB0_VDDA3V3 & USB0_VDDA3V3_DRIVER if they are the supply for the whole USB module, or just the host part. A block diagram would help.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
I've attached the sch of MCB4300, you can refer to the USB portion in this sch.
Have a great day,

TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

__placeholder__
Contributor II

Yes, but that does not answer my question.

Are pins USB0_VSSA_TERM, USB0_VSSA_REF, USB0_VDDA3V3, USB0_VDDA3V3_DRIVER and USB0_RREF used for both device & host mode, or just host/OTG?

I can connect everything up as per the schematic, and I'm sure it will work, but why place unnecessary components?.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi __PLACEHOLDER__ __PLACEHOLDER__,

1) Are pins USB0_VSSA_TERM, USB0_VSSA_REF, USB0_VDDA3V3, USB0_VDDA3V3_DRIVER and USB0_RREF used for both device & host mode, or just host/OTG?

These pins connection are same in different modes, the portion circuit is needed for device mode, you can connect the 5V to VBUS pin of USB0 directly, then the LM3526M is able to be removed too.

2017-08-11_15-36-08.jpg

Have a great day,

TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos