Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAND boot fail on Industrial version of I.MX6sx

davidtrinh
Contributor II

Hi guys,

How are we doing well?!

I have been using the kobs-ng tool to write the u-boot.imx image on the NAND chip and booting correctly without problem. The board was using Automotive Version of the i.MX6sx.

Now, on that same board, we change the SoC to Industrial version, everything else remain unchanged. We used exactly all the tools and sources of the Automotive board to prepare the NAND chip. Unfortunately, we cannot boot the board up with NAND (SD booting normal). 

Then, We de-solder a NAND chip on another Automotive SoC board and solder it back on the Industrial SoC board and the Industrial board boot from NAND correctly. Then, On this NAND chip, if we boot back to SD then we can re-write kernel, .dtb, rootfs on the NAND chip and the board still booting and work on NAND correctly. But if we re-write the u-boot image using the kobs-ng tool on the Industrial SoC after SD booting, then the board can't boot up with NAND after reset. I guess something went wrong with the kobs-ng tool when it write the FCB to the NAND chip while running in the industrial SoC board.

Have anybody experienced this similar issues and please give me some hints, please?!

Thank you!

David

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David

when you changed the SoC to Industrial version, had you changed

image with ddr settings specific to Industrial version, they can be found from ddr test:

i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V2.70 

Also recommended to program image to nand using MFG Tools (use mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabreauto-nand.vbs

script) found on

i.MX 6 / i.MX 7 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidtrinh
Contributor II

Dear Igor,

Our team found the problem stay in the kobs-ng tool. After fixing it, everything working fine.

However, we will modify the DDR clock settings as you recommended.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos

davidtrinh
Contributor II

Dear Igor,

Thank you for your reply.

We will try it and feedback you soon.

One thing I really don't understand is when I de-solder the prepared NAND from the Automotive Board and solder it onto the Industrial board, everything just work.  After that, on that Industrial board, rootfs re-write also work but u-boot re-write make no-boot issue.
Best regards,

David

0 Kudos

davidtrinh
Contributor II

Also, only on the Automotive SoC board, these params were shown up during kobs-ng u-boot write:

m_u32OnfiSyncEnable = 0
m_NANDONFITiming.m_u32ONFISpeed = 0
m_NANDONFITiming.m_u32ONFITiming_ReadLatency = 0
m_NANDONFITiming.m_u32ONFITiming_CEDelay = 0
m_NANDONFITiming.m_u32ONFITiming_PreambleDelay = 0
m_NANDONFITiming.m_u32ONFITiming_PostambleDelay = 0
m_NANDONFITiming.m_u32ONFITiming_CmdAddPause = 0
m_NANDONFITiming.m_u32ONFITiming_DataPause = 0
m_NANDONFITiming.m_u32ONFITiming_BusyTimeout = 0
m_u32DISBBSearch = 0
m_u32RandomizerEnable = 0
m_u32ReadRetryEnable = 0
m_u32ReadRetrySeqLength = 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These things not shown on Industrial SoC board.

Thanks for viewing.

0 Kudos