AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem on RioT Board (iMX 6Solo Cortex A9) Compilation

Question asked by Karthikeyan S on Aug 7, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2017 by Karthikeyan S

Hi,

In our Corporate network Git is blocked, So while compiling I had below error,

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://github.com/philb/update-rc.d.git'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/irgmhm/yocto/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/update-rc.d-native/0.7-r5/temp/log.do_fetch.3806

ERROR: Task 248 (virtual:native:/home/irgmhm/yocto/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/update-rc.d/update-rc.d_0.7.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

I think this is because of fetching update-rc.d script from Git site, Since it is blocked it is throwing an error.

and I tried to get the file and add it in my PC in ../sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/update-rc.d/update-rc.d/.  and I changed SRC to local path SRC_URI = "file://update-rc.d \ now it is throwing following error,

Applying patch add-verbose.patch
can't find file to patch at input line 5
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|Upstream-Status: Pending
|
|--- update-rc.d/update-rc.d.org 2005-01-03 00:30:47.000000000 +0200
|+++ update-rc.d/update-rc.d 2007-12-01 19:41:08.000000000 +0200
--------------------------
No file to patch. Skipping patch.
5 out of 5 hunks ignored
Patch add-verbose.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)
ERROR: Function failed: patch_do_patch
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/irgmhm/karthik/yocto/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/update-rc.d-native/0.7-r5/temp/log.do_patch.2135
ERROR: Task 245 (virtual:native:/home/irgmhm/karthik/yocto/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/update-rc.d/update-rc.d_0.7.bb, do_patch) failed with exit code '1'

So Please share any mirror link for the above script file or give me solution for the above error.

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes