Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure boot log imx7 if boot fails

Jump to solution
agalal
Contributor I

Hello Folks,

I am not a secure boot guru but after checking the boot security settings on Security Reference Manual for i.MX 7D. I found the following:

In case of boot mode set to closed; All detected errors are logged, and the boot flow is aborted with the control being passed to the serial downloader.

How can I gain access to these log files if the flow is aborted? There is no point of logging if we don't have access to these logs.

Thanks a lot

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Abdallah

for security boot details one can refer to AN4581 Secure Boot 

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4581.pdf 

in particular on p.8 it states

"When built with this configuration [secure], U-Boot provides extra functions for HAB, one

of those being access to HAB status logs."

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You can create request / ticket to get more details about Secure boot (under NDA).

Support|NXP 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Abdallah

for security boot details one can refer to AN4581 Secure Boot 

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4581.pdf 

in particular on p.8 it states

"When built with this configuration [secure], U-Boot provides extra functions for HAB, one

of those being access to HAB status logs."

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!