Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P4080DS NOR flash bank identification

Jump to solution
andrewesterholz
Contributor I

Hello,

I have programmed boot loaders in multible NOR flash banks. E.g. in Bank 1,2, and 3. The switch between the boot loaders will be done by switching SW7 on P4080DS board. This works without any problems.

But now I would like to store some common data in Bank 4. This data shall be accessible independent from the selected boot loader what means independent from the SW7 setting. My problem is now that I´m not able to find out the flash address of a specific bank.

My idea was to read the SW7 settings by software and calculate from the settings back to the current bank 4 address. But now I´ve seen that switch registers (PX_SWx) is only for overwriting the SW and not reflecting the real SW settings.

My question is now whether it is possible to read the SW 7 setting by software? Or is there another possibility to get the bank address?

Best regards

Andre

0 Kudos
1 Solution
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

It is not possible to read the switch SW7 settings by software. Of course when EN7 settings enforce bank selecting by the SW7 register only you can read EN/SW and get bank number. The other way is checking content of the Flash at predefined offset(s) for each bank supposing that only bank 4 has right value.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

It is not possible to read the switch SW7 settings by software. Of course when EN7 settings enforce bank selecting by the SW7 register only you can read EN/SW and get bank number. The other way is checking content of the Flash at predefined offset(s) for each bank supposing that only bank 4 has right value.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
andrewesterholz
Contributor I

Thank your for your help. I will try to identify the banks by reading values on specific offsets.

0 Kudos