mcuxpresso sdk lpc54114 floating point soft abi

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcuxpresso sdk lpc54114 floating point soft abi

klausrschambeck
Contributor III

C++ project : i tried to select in the C, C++ compiler, assembler and linker -> architecture setting either FPv4-SP (SOFT-ABI) or NONE, but the linker throws errors

/usr/mcuxpresso/mcuxpressoide-10.0.2_411/ide/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: error: /usr/local/e_drive/Baja/code-arm/cortex_54114/lpc54114_sdk_main/libs/libfsl_power_cm4_hard.a(fsl_power_lib.o) uses VFP register arguments, lpc54114_sdk_main.axf does not
/usr/mcuxpresso/mcuxpressoide-10.0.2_411/ide/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file /usr/local/e_drive/Baja/code-arm/cortex_54114/lpc54114_sdk_main/libs/libfsl_power_cm4_hard.a(fsl_power_lib.o)

selecting FPv4-SP (HARD-ABI) works ... but what if i don't want the hard-abi for compatibility reasons with other soft-abi based interface libraries

the issue seems to be the libfsl_power_cm4_hard.a library

is there a libfsl_power_cm4_soft.a or libfsl_power_cm4_none.a version or similar available, or do i need to download a different sdk from nxp

or simply put how can this be resolved if i do not want the hard-abi support in my C++ project

an answer would be highly appreciated :smileywink:

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi klausrschambeck,

The SDK team didn't provide a soft ABI version library for the LPC54114 MCU but you can use the version with FPU disabled:

pastedImage_1.png

link it with floating point set to none:

pastedImage_2.png

And you can compile your application with soft-ABI:

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos