cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running an IMX6DL @ 1.2Ghz

haitaochen
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm experimenting with a nitrogen board with an i.mx6 dl. By default the cpu frequency is set to 800 Mhz, I would like to change it to 1.2Ghz,it is “IMX6D6AVT10AD”.I want to know this cpu can make it at 1.2Ghz.

thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi haitao chen,

You are using the IMX6D6AVT10AD not i.MX6DL. In the IMX6D6AVT10AD datasheet http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/IMX6DQCEC.pdf  you can see that the mux Frequency of this chip is 1Ghz, not 1.2Ghz.

Datasheet1.PNG
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

haitaochen
Contributor I

Hi,

I know this chip default is 1Ghz,but now i need higher performance. So i want to improve performance to1.2Ghz. I wonder if it is feasible.

thank you!

haitao

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi haitao chen,

Sorry, the mux Frequency of this chip is 1Ghz. If you really want to use the 1.2Ghz, you can consider the chip support the 1.2Ghz, such as:

0000000ure.PNG
Have a great day,
Rita

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

haitaochen
Contributor I

Can I overclocking?

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

What do you means, I do not quite know~~

0 Kudos

haitaochen
Contributor I

I want to set this chip to 1.2Ghz.If i do that it is OK?

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Here I can tell how to modify the cpu Frequency. If you are running Linux , you can add boot command in the uboot to set it run on the frequency you need.

Please add this in the bootargs.

"arm_freq=*****"

0 Kudos

haitaochen
Contributor I

thank you! I will try.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No, it will not work.

0 Kudos