T10xx Code Signing Tool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T10xx Code Signing Tool

gcarlson
Contributor II

My customer wishes to use the secure boot features of the T10xx series MPU's.  I have past experience and am familiar  with the iMX family and it's Trustzone secure boot methodology and also the Code Signing Tool.  It looks like the T10xx security capabilities are very close if not identical to that family,  with a few small exceptions (Secure clock and some of the tamper detect functions).

In several of the QoriQ security documents, app notes, and FTF technical presentations I've read, it mentions the Code Signing Tool for the T10xx series, but I wanted to clarify if this tool is the same exact one that is used for iMX code signing, as I haven't been able to find it anywhere to download on NXP.com product pages.  I would guess that generating the hash code,keys,  the CSF, and signature for any boot image would be pretty much the same.

Or is there a unique Code Signing Tool for the T Series that is embedded in the SDK?, or even better....a standalone CST that doesn't require downloading the very large (several GB) SDK file?

Thanks,

Gordy Carlson

Avnet FAE - Upstate NY

0 Kudos
3 Replies

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

HI gcarlson‌, yes this  community is active. The team in charge of it will provide follow up.

0 Kudos

gcarlson
Contributor II

I opened up a service request yesterday, and Fedor answered it,  so you can consider this thread "Answered".  No need for further action.  Here is a copy of that answer for other community member's benefit.

----------------------------------

There is no independent CST that one can download.
CST is U-Boot-dependent. So it is always required to download the SDK and use the same version of U-Boot and CST.

I don’t know enough about iMX to comment "relation" of the tools.
Yes, they are similar but not identical. I do know one major difference - iMX has/use secure memory and QorIQ use fuses.

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 

for the opportunity to serve you.

Best regards,

Fedor

gcarlson
Contributor II

karinavalencia‌ , is this still an active community?  It's not a complex question so thought it would be easily answered by anyone in the QorIQ product group.  I will open up a private Service Request ticket today with same topic, if that is the preferred method for QorIQ topics.

thanks,

Gordy Carlson

0 Kudos