Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about the 32khz osc of LPC1830

Jump to solution
zhubin
Contributor I

Hello friends,

I want to use the alarm timer to wake up from Deep-Sleep(LPC1830) . According to DataSheet,the Alarmtimer is connected directly to the 32kHz OSC. So my question is  whether the 32kHz is external clock or internal clock? If it is a external clock should i connected a 32.768kHz Crystal oscillator to RTCX1/RTCX2 ?

I initialize the alarm timer like this:

LPC_CREG->CREG0 &= ~((1 << 3) | (1 << 2));
LPC_CREG->CREG0 |= (1 << 1) | (1 << 0);

LPC_ATIMER->DOWNCOUNTER = 2048;
LPC_ATIMER->PRESET = 1024;

but the DOWNCOUNTER  doesn't count ·······

0 Kudos
1 Solution
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Yes you need to connect an external 32.768kHz Crystal oscillator to RTCX1/RTCX2.

LPCOpen contains an example using alarm timer.

LPCOpen Software for LPC18XX|NXP 

Have a great day,
Soledad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Yes you need to connect an external 32.768kHz Crystal oscillator to RTCX1/RTCX2.

LPCOpen contains an example using alarm timer.

LPCOpen Software for LPC18XX|NXP 

Have a great day,
Soledad

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

zhubin
Contributor I

Thank you so much

0 Kudos