AnsweredAssumed Answered

LPC54102 ADC/DMA interrupt configuration

Question asked by Chris ONeill on Jul 30, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2017 by jeremyzhou

I'm trying to determine the correct configuration for using ADC-triggered DMA.  I have it working, but there is some unexpected behavior I would like to understand.

My usage case if fairly simple:

- using Sequence B

- single ADC channel 4

- single DMA channel 0

- a list of 10 Transfer_Descriptors of 16-bit x 1024 samples

- set ADC BURST bit to start, clear BURST bit on the 10th DMA IRQ.

For it to work, interrupt-related config:

- Sequencer config:

Chip_ADC_SetupSequencer(LPC_ADC, ADC_SEQB_IDX, (ADC_SEQ_CTRL_CHANSEL(4) | ADC_SEQ_CTRL_MODE_EOS));

- ADC interrupt config:

Chip_ADC_EnableInt(LPC_ADC, ( ADC_INTEN_SEQB_ENABLE | ADC_INTEN_OVRRUN_ENABLE));

NVIC_EnableIRQ(ADC_SEQB_IRQn);

- Transfer_Descriptor 'xfercfg':

DMA_XFERCFG_SETINTB

- DMA interrupt config:

Chip_DMA_EnableIntChannel(LPC_DMA, DMA_CH0);

LPC_INMUX->DMA_ITRIG_INMUX[0] = DMATRIG_ADC0_SEQB_IRQ;

NVIC_EnableIRQ(DMA_IRQn);

So the questions are:

(1) The User Guide (sec. 25.7.8) says: "If DMA is used for a sequence, the corresponding sequence interrupt must be disabled in the INTEN register".  If I don't enable the sequence interrupt, the DMA interrupt never happens.  Why?

(2) Is the Sequence B interrupt handler (ADC_SEQB_IRQHandler()) not supposed to be called?  For the 10k sample that's collected, the Sequence B handler is called a few thousand times.  Not once for every sample, but a lot.  I'm only getting about half the sample rate expected, approx. 2.5 MSPS, is this slowing down the sampling?

(3) If I use the conversion interrupt instead of the end-of-sequence interrupt (MODE=1=ADC_SEQ_CTRL_MODE_EOS), the DMA interrupt never happens.  Why?  Not supported with DMA?

Original Attachment has been moved to: adc_dma.c.zip

Outcomes