can i read and write data to mass storage flash drive by lpc1768 itself alone?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i read and write data to mass storage flash drive by lpc1768 itself alone?

Jump to solution
navidansari
Contributor III

hi

if I connect an usb female connector to pin DP and DM and ID and VBUS, will I be able to read and write into flash memory(usb mass storage drive)?

this below circuit will work alone to read and write to usb flash storage drive?

is it enough?

Untitled.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello navid ansari,

1. USB device hardware, you can use the USB interface on a bus-powered device is enough.

pastedImage_1.png

2. About MSD

You need to download the USB MSD code to the LPC1769 at first, then you can use the MSD function

Give you a MSD code for your reference. USBMem is the MSD code.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi navid ansari,

1.if I connect an usb female connector to pin DP and DM and ID and VBUS, will I be able to read and write into flash memory(usb mass storage drive)?

From the user manual of LPC1768, you can find this chip ISP don't have USB function, so you can't use the USB to read and write the flash memory directly.

You need to write the USB MSD code to realize the flash read and write function.

About the code, you can refer to the LPC1768 official code.

2.this below circuit will work alone to read and write to usb flash storage drive?

This is just the USB hardware interface, the MSD function you need to download the code to the chip.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
navidansari
Contributor III

should i use this Fig30?

1.png

or this Fig29?

1.png

for reading and writing to USB MASS STORAGE DEVICE?

I'm asking about hardware design of it

i think my q is so clear and either this or that for reading and writing to MSD(Mass Storage Device) 

please someone help me

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello navid ansari,

1. USB device hardware, you can use the USB interface on a bus-powered device is enough.

pastedImage_1.png

2. About MSD

You need to download the USB MSD code to the LPC1769 at first, then you can use the MSD function

Give you a MSD code for your reference. USBMem is the MSD code.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

navidansari
Contributor III

u say add USB MSD code to LPC1768. I didn't get it what u mean

please help . where is this USB MSD code that u say i should download to lpc1768?

how to download  it to lpc1768?with keil?should i change memory aria in keil?

and how to add USBmem to any keil project?should i add whole library in that folder to project?

where should i read this stuff to work with usb mass storage?

thanks allot

0 Kudos
navidansari
Contributor III

thanks allot

0 Kudos
navidansari
Contributor III

I didn't get it . so schematic is not enough to read and write to MSD?

or i should have this schematic and download code for MSD to LPC1768 to be able to write and read to MSD?

if not,  what should I add to the schematic?

0 Kudos