I'm new to S32 Design Studio and trying to use the Processor Expert to create the peripheral initialization code.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm new to S32 Design Studio and trying to use the Processor Expert to create the peripheral initialization code.

markdresser
Contributor II

First of all, I can't find any tutorials, GSG, or examples that relate directly to Processor Expert for S32 devices under S32 DS.  There is information relating to Power PC and/or Codewarrior but it doesn't seem to match very well with what I'm seeing under S32DS.  Is there another place I should be looking for this documentation?

I've created a blank project, opened up the PE view, using the EAR SDK and added ADC, LPIT, WDOG, INTManager components to the project and tried to generate PE code.  I got an error "adc_hal.h: No such file or directory" in cpu.h so I added the adc_hal component to the project and tried again. Same error.  Digging into Project Explorer I found fsl_adc.hal.h buried in Project/SDK/platform/hal/inc but no evidence of adc_hal.h.

Is anyone else using this tool successfully or should I be spending my time working out the details of how to generate initialization code myself?  It may be telling that none of the examples provided for the EVB seem to be using Processor Expert.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mark, 

As a best way how to started with S32DS EAR sdk and processor expert is open some example. On menu bar click on File -> New -> S32DS Project from example , choose project which you are interested in and don't forget generate procesor expert code (icon in the red box) on the last picture. 

s32ds_2017-07-31_13-32-03.png

s32ds_2017-07-31_13-34-05.png

s32ds_2017-07-31_13-35-31.png

Documentation is located in [YOUR_S32DS_INSTALL_PATH]\S32DS\S32_SDK_MPC5748G_EAR_0.8.0\doc\

Jiri

vamsikavety
Contributor I

pastedImage_2.png

for those who still can not find. First Generate Processor Expert Code. the tool will generate 'Cpu.c' and 'Cpu.h' 

0 Kudos

markdresser
Contributor II

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I didn't scroll far enough down the list of examples to find the ones using PE.

Mark

0 Kudos