Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solo Lite camera interface

Rona
Contributor I

We have a custom board based on the "solo lite" version on the iMX6

We added a VGA GC0309 parallel camera

We use gstreamer to capture images and we see a very poor timing.

A single image is captured after more the 1 second and a series of captures are performed in a 3 images per second rate.

We do not need a video streaming for our application, but we would like to get about 5-6 images per second and still have the CPU power to perform some simple image processing and data manipulating on previous captured images.

What is the expected performance of the solo lite , taking into account it does not have any hardware accelerators  other from the GPU?

Do you have an idea how to enhance the image capture processing time, without changing the CPU? ( the solo lite is not pin compatible with other iMX6 CPUs)

Thanks 

Rona

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi RONIT

one can try simple camera test with unit test pxp_v4l2_test on

imx-test
www.nxp.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO/imx-test-5.7.tar.gz

As for gstreamer, which one used in the case:

trac.gateworks.com/wiki/Yocto/gstreamer

One can try both options: gstreamer-imx (community version) and nxp plugins imx-gst described

in documentation on

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/i.mx-software-and-tools/i....

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos