cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal security violation doesn't result in a transition to hard-fail

ethanyang
Contributor II

Hi,

According to the "Security Reference Manual for the i.MX 6UltraLite Applications Processor" document, an occurrence of a fatal security violation should always result in a transition to the "soft-fail" state by the "System Security Monitor" (SSM). "Soft-fail" is the state which SSM generates a security interrupt and the fail state indication output, which is treated as a security violation by other modules.

By enabling "high assurance" configuration, the processor can even go to "hard-fail" state that triggers a hard reset request output, which should be used in the system to perform a hardware reset without the aid of software. SSM transitions from "soft-fail" to the "hard-fail" state is based on a count down. If enabled, the transition should occur when the value in "HAC counter" counts down to zero.

But, after setting these configurations and asserting a fatal-software violation we couldn't observe the automatic system reset in "hard-fail" state with the latest iMX6UL chip. It was observed on the older revision of iMX6UL chip.

Are the latest i.MX6UL supposed to act like the previous revision of it? If not, is there an update of SRM for the latest i.MX6UL?

Thanks,

Ethan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, but the information you are requesting is treated as confidential info at this time. 

Naturally, we cannot discuss this with you in public anyway, this requires to be handled as

a Service Request (SR, case).

Have a great day,
Yuri

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos