cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[TWR-K65 + TWR-Ser] Using USBHS and USBFS

baltech
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a TWR-K65 board where I can run the usb-device-cdc-vcom-example using the USB-HS port. Using the TWR-K65 standalone this works!

But as soon as I connect the TWR-SER to the tower stack, it stops working.

It seems that the K65 sees the USB bus permanently in reset state.

My goal is to use both USB (USBHS and USBFS). The USBHS over the USB connector on the TWR-K65 as a device and the USBFS over the USB connector on the TWR-SER as a host.

Any ideas whats wrong?

Thank!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The TWR-K65F180M board user guide shows below info:

pastedImage_1.png

So, we need to use USB HS with on-board Micro USB connector J15 and USB FS with TWR-SER board J14.

I do a test with MCUXpresso SDK V2.2 for TWR-K65F180M board with [usb_keyboard2mouse] demo, which using FS USB as USB host and HS USB as USB device.

..\SDK_2.2_TWR-K65F180M\boards\twrk65f180m\usb_examples\usb_keyboard2mouse

That demo works as expected.

Below is my test hardware platform:

pastedImage_2.png

I also attached the test result with attached video file.

Please check you are using TWR-SER board as USB FS connector. And the TWR-K65F180M R189 and R190 using 0ohm resistor at side A, not side B.

If K65 FS USB as USB host, the TWR-SER board jumper setting J10 1-2, J16 1-2.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

baltech
Contributor II

Hi,

thanks for your detailed answer!

It was not working with your setup.

But I figured out I have to remove on of the both jumper at J23 on my TWR-K65. Now it is working as expected.

Thanks!

0 Kudos