Changing from MK10DN512ZVLL10 to MK10DN512VLL10 stops working the program

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from MK10DN512ZVLL10 to MK10DN512VLL10 stops working the program

Jack_
Contributor I

We have been using the MK10DN512ZVLL10 for years without problems. The latest micro receipts come without the letter 'Z' (MK10DN512VLL10) and the equipment is constantly being reset.

Following the program we have seen that it was reset when writing to the SIM_SOPT6 registry (hard fault interrupt). Looking at the datasheet of the new version of the microcontroller without the 'Z' we see that this register has been eliminated.

Eliminating the line that configured this register the microcontroller is no longer hanging on this point but the program ends up hanging equally later.

Can anyone (better if NXP could be) indicate the differences between the versions of the microcontroller and why so many basic things have changed so that the programs now are not compatible?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

I certainly can't answer 'why', but I can confirm there are a LOT of very basic differences between the 'non Z' and 'Z' parts, including vector table and peripheral set.

Look for this document:  "AN4445 V1 to V2 migration.pdf"

What surprised me though is your designing-in of 'Z' chips in this 'day and age'.  The changeover to V2 silicon (No Z, full production mask sets) happened years ago (final rev of AN4445 08  / 2012)...

0 Kudos

Jack_
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply EARL,

The fact is that when we start with the project (2012) the only version that we can buy from NXP distributor was the ‘Z’ version and, until now, we always receive the ‘Z’ version from NXP.

The MK10DN512VLL10 (without ‘Z’) reference manual that you can download from the NXP website still has a bold and red inscription indicating that it is preliminary which does not give much confidence and the two parts with and without ‘Z’ are marked as ‘Active’ in the NXP status.

I think that to maintain software compatibility it would have been easier to leave an empty register when removing SIM_SOPT6 than giving an unforeseen interruption.

It seems that avoiding writing in this register the rest of the program works, but it would be necessary to review all the differences that appear in document AN4445 to be sure that we will not have problems (very hard work).
The easiest thing is to buy the version with 'Z'.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you want to migrating from Kinetis 100 MHz Rev. 1.x to Rev. 2.x. It would be necessary to review all the differences that appear in document AN4445 to be sure that we will not have problems.(Hardware and software changes may be required.)

About the SIM_SOPT6, please read the AN4445 Kinetis 100 MHz Rev 1.x to Rev 2.x Migration Guide.

SIM_SOPT6.png

Reset Pin Filter.png

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos

Jack_
Contributor I

Thank you for the response Robin, I see that there are many changes. We will try to order  the chip with the 'Z' to avoid having to check the software (and perhaps the hardware).

Best Regards,

Joan

0 Kudos