How can I restore the bootable linux uSD card on i.MX 6 ULL eval kit?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I restore the bootable linux uSD card on i.MX 6 ULL eval kit?

normcampbell
Contributor I

I used the MFG Test to download a test app to SD card, not realizing it would wreck booting of the linux install that came with the eval kit. I have a Windows PC only - no linux system available. Can I restore the SD card to its original state? Currently I see zImage and a bunch of .dtb files on the card, in a FAT partition. Thanks, Norm.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Norm,

Here you can use the mfgtool to download the linux demo images to SD card on your board. Then reboot the board. The Windows PC is enough. The mfgtool work on windows PC, when you connect your board to PC via usb-uart port. Here you download the images to your SD first.
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

normcampbell
Contributor I

Thanks for the info. I understand how to use the mfgtool. But where do I find the linux images? I thought I would find a .img file in L4.1.15_2.0.1_iMX6ULL but I don't see one.

Thx

Norm

0 Kudos

normcampbell
Contributor I

OK. But 3 links is not really an answer, is it? You pointed me to 2 more recent versions of the file that I already said I didn't understand how to use. So I repeat: where are the linux images, EXACTLY? I thought I would find a .img file (to download via MfgTool) but I don't see one. What do I download to the SD card?

Thanks

Norm

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Norm,

You can download the demo images for the i.MX6ULL EVK board, and the same version mfgtool first. Copy the demo images to mfgtool , then you can use the mfgtool mfgtool2-yocto-mx-evk-sdcard-sd1.vbs to download the images to SD card on your board. The link you can refer to the above our engineer have sent to you. Find the right for i.MX6ULL EVK board.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos