Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HardFault when First build and debug on LPC1830

kensu
Contributor V

Hi,

I use the LPC-Link2 to debug my application on LPC1830 on MCUXpresso,

pastedImage_1.png

I find "every first time" the source code modify and build and enter debug with LPC-Link2, it always hard fault,

When HardFault, I stop the debug, and enter debug "again".

It will be OK every time without modify any source code.

I want to trace where the source code HardFault, but I find the HardFault is not fix.

Could you give some suggestion how to solve this problem? 

Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The part you are using has no built in flash, and in most circumstances is expected to be used with an external flash device connected via the LPC18xx's SPIFI interface.

Therefore the first thing to do is check how your project is configured - in particular whether you have configured your memory setup with an external flash device (and confirm that you have associated a flash driver). For more information, please see the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide, section 12.8, "Using the Memory Configuration Editor". Also section 10.2.2, "SPIFI Flash Drivers"

If you are instead building your image to download and execute in RAM - then please see MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide, section 14.10, " RAM projects with LinkServer".

If you continue to experience problems, then please post your debug log - as described in the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 User Guide, section 14.7, "The Console View" - along with a full description of how your project is configured.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos