P4040_CONSOLE_ttyS2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P4040_CONSOLE_ttyS2

Contributor I

Hi,support

Could you tell me how to setup console to ttyS2(UART2)? ttyS0(UART0) works fine.

We have tried to modify u-boot environment variable bootargs to "root=/dev/ram console=ttyS2,115200", but it dose not work.

The filesystem we used is extracted from QorIQ-SDK-V1.8 flash image, CPU is P4040.

We have checked ttyS2(UART2), rx and tx works fine.

We wonder if any configuration file of the filesystem need to be customized.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Have a great day!

Xiao Jun

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Contributor I

Any help?

Hello?

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please edit u-boot configuration file include/configs/corenet_ds.h, please find the section "Serial Port", and change the variable "CONFIG_CONS_INDEX" to "2" instead of "1", then rebuild u-boot.

In addition, in Kernel bootargs, please change bootargs as "root=/dev/ram rw console=ttyS1,115200" rather than "console=ttyS0".

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Contributor I

I have already tested ttyS1 by changing bootargs as "console=ttyS1,115200", it works fine!

However, when I change bootargs as "console=ttyS2,115200", nothing happens.

We wonder if any configuration file of the filesystem need to be customized.

0 Kudos