GPIO Yocto Dizzy

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO Yocto Dizzy

swanner
Contributor I

I am using Yocto Dizzy,1.7.7, build with the wand board and noticed that the GPIO mapping is incorrect for some of the pins, i.e. I can't output anything to them. This appears inconsistent with Dora release. For example GPIO191, is functional with Dora release but not on Dizzy release.

As I don't want to revert by build, what steps are necessary to correct the GPIO issue. Keep in my I am a beginner interms of embedded Linux.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shannon Wanner,

Probably the easiest alternative would be changing the device tree and compiling it outside of Yocto and placing it on your image. For this you would need to extract the toolchain for cross compiling.

I’m not familiar with the Wandboard but you should be able to locate the device tree sources on a path similar to this:

/<BSP_DIR>/<BUILD_DIR>/tmp/work/<MACHINE>/<KERNEL>/<KERNEL_REVISION>/git/arch/arm/boot/dts/ 

After changing the device tree you should be able to cross compile from  /<BSP_DIR>/<BUILD_DIR>/tmp/work/<MACHINE>/<KERNEL>/<KERNEL_REVISION>/git with the command:

make ARCH=arm dtbs  

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos