Pressure sensor for water

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure sensor for water

mortencomadan
Contributor I

I'm looking for a pressure sensor that can have measure the pressure of water directy applied to the sensor.

The pressure i want to measure is maximum 2bar absolute or 1 bar differential. It only really needs one port.

But it has to fit a silicone tube tha has a  innner diameter of around 5-6mm. It is not super critical though.

Thanks a lot in advance

Labels (1)
2 Replies

darioarias
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Morten,

We do not recommend all our sensor to become in direct contact with any kind of liquid substance or corrosive gases which would damage the gel and cause the sensor to become out of specification.

However, our products are used in washing machine applications, which would expose the gel to a humid environment. In these applications, the device is located at the top of a measurement tube - so water level is indirectly measured through the water pushing a trapped air column up to the sensor. As you can see in the following application notes, the sensor does not have a direct contact with water, but is separated by the air column.

http://www.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/app_note/AN1950.pdf

AN1950: Water Level Monitoring

AN1516: Liquid Level Control Using a Pressure Sensor

AN3728: Media Compatibility for IPS PRT Pressure Sensors

Our sensors come in differential, gauge or absolute configuration and the sensors that can handle up t 1 bar are the MPXx2200 or MPXx2202.

Hope it helps!

Darío

mortencomadan
Contributor I

Thank you. I will read these application notes :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos