Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SABRE RevD J20 Gerber/board inconsistency

Jump to solution
demoniacmilk
Contributor IV

Hello!

I have downloaded the gerber files for the sabre board to determine the connector positions on the board.

There is a small inconsistency on J20.

when holding the board with the power-connector pointing north and ethernet connectors south:
Gerber Files: Pin 1 on J20 is top-right

Board: Pin 1 on J20 is bottom-right

Based on the schematic, Pin 2 of J20 is connected to GND. Resistive measurements show this is the top-right pin on the board and (just like the rest of the schematic for J20) is consistent with the board layout on the sabre hardware. Not with the gerber files.

Regards,
Lars

1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you, Lars Heinrichs,

We have checked and the schematic for J20 is correct. However, it needs to be looked at from the bottom of the board. J20-2 is indeed going to ground. Layout was mirrored and the connector is loaded on the bottom of the board but the docs reflect the connector loaded from the top.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  Lars Heinrichs ,

Thanks for pointing this out. Would you please tell us which SABRE board are you referring to? If you have the schematic number it would be even better, to find this error faster. Let me check this inconsistency and the possible cause for it so it gets addressed.

Regards,

0 Kudos
demoniacmilk
Contributor IV

Board stickers:

700-28590 REV D / SCH-285910 REV D1

Schematic PDF Title:

sch-28590_i.mx7d_...

Gerber: 
      IMX7D EVK BOARD REV D_160309-1-8

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you, Lars Heinrichs,

We have checked and the schematic for J20 is correct. However, it needs to be looked at from the bottom of the board. J20-2 is indeed going to ground. Layout was mirrored and the connector is loaded on the bottom of the board but the docs reflect the connector loaded from the top.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos